My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

I'm an author, academic, yogi and professional daydreamer. Learn more about my books at KimFalconer.com

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Timeline Update II

This week has seen great progress on the project. The updated timeline of Completed and to do items is below:

Completed

  • Concept Proposal
  • Project Plan
  • Research
  • References - in text and list
  • Content - 5 pages & notebook pages
  • Flash Animation - tested in Windows: IE, Firefox, Netscape
  • Web-Design - 5 main pages & 30+ Notebook pages
  • Addition of missing links
  • Solution to Flash audio fade-out
  • SEO and Meta tags
  • Final edit of content
  • Final print version in .pdf
  • References only in HTML
  • Create Forum
  • Build Site Map

To do

  • Initialize 'Site Wide Search' Link
  • Debug on Server testing all links (150+)
  • Check on all browsers and screen resolutions (esp. Mac!)
  • Final Proof of content
  • Write one page summary
A successful solution was found to the audio fade-out in the flash animation by extending the last frame another 5 seconds.

The preformatted text for the html reference only page was problematic--I had trouble keeping the table width under control when I added the hypertext links to the online references. Very frustrating. I persevered though and now have a 'clickable' reference page that is true to APA Referencing styles, complete with hanging indents.


The site map came together fairly easily using links to all pages on my site as well as anchored links within the map to direct viewers to the various sections.

I created a forum using "Pro Boards" as a free host. There are 5 sections that correspond to the 5 pages on the site, offering visitor a chance to discuss, comment on and share relevant information on various aspects of synchronicity. I imagine it will take a bit of time to attract a participating audience though I think it will be insightful and fun.

I have used the meta-tags 'Title', 'meta name'='description' and 'meta name'='keywords' in the 'head' of the HTML for search engine optimization. These tags insure that search engines that recognize them will utilize the information and rank the page higher--equating with greater exposure and increased traffic.

My final tasks for this project focus around proofing, getting the search function to work (troublesome), testing and writing the one-page summary. I'm ahead of schedule and pleased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home