My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

I'm an author, academic, yogi and professional daydreamer. Learn more about my books at KimFalconer.com

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Detailed Time Line -- Research

September 15 - October - Begin Research!

Research four key areas for this project:

  1. Content--reference books, websites, images, mythology and fairytales. What tone do I want to take? Think about audience!
  2. Web Design--Expand list of criteria including accessibility, usability and SEO. Consider the site that this one will link from. Do I want it to feel like a whole new terrain or do I want continuity? Find other sites that I think would work for this topic and do screen shots for references.
  3. Flash Animation--Explore the folk tale of the young man from Isfahan as an example of Synchronicity--find images that suit--perhaps tarot cards of the knight of pentacles, Death, 9 of swords, World?- Draw up a story board. Find audio sound track and effects that do not raise copyright issues. How much do I want to analyse this tale or simply let the view draw their own conclusions?
  4. Links--What links do I want from this site? How will I categorize them? Jungian Psychology, mythology, anecdotes, forums, books, articles, further study. Get some key topics listed and bookmark important sites for quick import to site construction.
Other considerations: Software

Designing for 98% of all browsers/resolutions/colours in current use. With statistics showing the majority (66%) of modem speeds at 33.6k or less, the images, links to prinable .pdf and flash animation need to be reduced and optimized.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home