My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

I'm an author, academic, yogi and professional daydreamer. Learn more about my books at KimFalconer.com

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Content & Design

The content for this project is 85% complete. I have broken it down into 5 different pages:

  • Synchronicity--an introduction and short flash animation.
  • Cause & Effect--an unravelling of how synchronicity evades a mechanistic world view.
  • Myth & Meaning--how mythology contributes to our understanding of synchronicity.
  • Dreams & Divination--a close look at the relationship between mind and matter.
  • Quantum Views--Explores synchronicity in relationship to quantum theory.
Each of these pages link to simple 'notebook' style pages that elaborate on terms or offer definitions.


This complicates navigation enormously. Originally, I had the 'notebook pages' linking back to the main page until I realized that the reader may click on this hyperlink from a different page, say from 'Cause & Effect' and then click 'back' to find themselves on the main page and not the one they were reading! I have used the solution of 'click your browser back button to return to article' and also provided a 'home' button.

I am compiling the text only content of each page into one document that I will 'print' as a .pdf and link to my 'printable version' of the site. References, which are becoming extensive, will be in this document as well as in a 'reference only' link for those not wanting to view the .pdf but do want to check a reference.

Word count, surprisingly, is becoming a worry. If I include all the 'notebook' definitions (but not reference) it is climbing up to 5000 words with still the 'Quantum View' to be written. (about 1000 words) I'm not certain how to resolve this, as the website is actually an addition to my webpages. I could eliminate one of the topics (to conform with word count) but this would involve changing every menu bar on each page and then changing it back after the assignment was assessed. Another option is to offer my tutor the choice of reviewing 3 of the four sub-pages that interest her the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home