My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

I'm an author, academic, yogi and professional daydreamer. Learn more about my books at KimFalconer.com

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Timeline Update

The following is an updated time line--what is complete and what is left to do.

Complete

  • Concept Proposal
  • Project Plan
  • Research
  • References - in text and list
  • Content - 5 pages & notebook pages
  • Flash Animation - tested in Windows, IE, Firefox, Netscape
  • Web-Design - 5 main pages & 30+ Notebook pages

To do

  • Addition of missing links
  • Find solution to Flash audio fade-out
  • More 'notebook' image links if time allows
  • SEO and Meta tags
  • Check on all browsers and screen resolutions
  • Debug on Server testing all links (150+)
  • Final edit of content
  • Final print version in .pdf
  • References only (page or .pdf?)
  • Create Forum
  • Build Site Map
  • Write one page summary

I'm happy with the flash animation. (see screen shot on left) The only problem is that the audio at the end, although designed to 'fade out' is not fading out. Given the time restraints, I am going to work further on higher priority tasks--complete the project--and then return to the Flash-Audio dilemma. I think I need to make the animation itself longer to allow for the fade out but I am aware of it becoming too large a file--too lengthy to load.

Other concerns include finding a Mac to test the site. I will post a query on the discussion board next week to see if any of my classmates use a Mac and ask them to check the site. Also I'm not certain how to offer the 'reference only' text. .pdf is easiest and most universal though I know for myself that being able to cut and past references can be a great asset. At a minimum, the online reference links need to be active. I may put them in a 'notebook style' page with pre-formatted text so the hanging indents keep the APA reference style true. This should be simple though the CSS for pre-formatted text can be temperamental. I will work on that this week, along with the other tasks on the 'to-do list.

All in all, I am very happy with my project thus far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home